Skip to main content

For Junot Díaz, dark times demand action: 'I'm still going to fight' - NBCNews.com


NBCNews.com

For Junot Díaz, dark times demand action: 'I'm still going to fight'
NBCNews.com
"I grew up in the margins of society — I assumed everyone, when they were 6 years old, was pulled up out of their home country and placed in another place where you had to learn English," he told NBC News. Díaz immigrated from the Dominican Republic ...

and more »


source http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&ct2=us&usg=AFQjCNFplc29Ld_rmH8WZfPVLvrEJ-1LUg&clid=c3a7d30bb8a4878e06b80cf16b898331&cid=52779814826152&ei=WPSWWqnCK4bIWODni9gE&url=https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/junot-d-az-challenging-time-be-person-color-i-m-n851256

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't rob Peter to pay Paul to fund post-18 English education system - CBI

Don't rob Peter to pay Paul to fund post-18 English education system    CBI CBI Director-General Carolyn Fairbairn will call on the Government to maintain England's university funding system ahead of the publication of its review into ... source http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/don-t-rob-peter-to-pay-paul-to-fund-post-18-english-education-system/

13 ways of looking at English: This language gets work done in India - DailyO

DailyO 13 ways of looking at English: This language gets work done in India DailyO 1 He couldn't foresee that in future Indians would, in fact, quite disagree with him. In reality, has English displaced our languages any more than computers have taken away our jobs? Even if it has, India has beaten English by learning it ... source http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&ct2=us&usg=AFQjCNFpAvb2Jyrb_qo0f5EtuzEsU89lzg&clid=c3a7d30bb8a4878e06b80cf16b898331&ei=pHSyWsjNCIyiWta2hJAF&url=https://www.dailyo.in/arts/english-language-day-india-obsession-works/story/1/22990.html